Movies recovered (recovered)

The below post managed to sit in my drafts queue without me noticing. I thought I published this but obviously I didn’t. Note: this happened before the recent Sun Ray Server Software re-install.

I took a few minutes this evening to investigate why the hard disk that has all our movies on it wasn’t working anymore. We had 288 movies on the drive and it suddenly stopped working a few weeks ago. It turns out that the problem was… drum roll – the drive wasn’t being mounted in /etc/fstab.

I have no idea why it wasn’t there or how it might have fallen off but I think it might have happened around the time I installed a new terrabyte disk a few months back. I must have rebooted the system and not entered it in the /etc/fstab file so it didn’t mount on reboot.

Almost 300 movies – saved!